About Thriftd Australia
Your Online Thrift Shop
We support the increasing number of conscientious consumers who are making a difference by buying quality secondhand clothing, books, accessories, and home goods. From humble beginnings on eBay and local markets across Australia and the USA, we have expanded to become one of the largest online thrift shops in Australia. Curating an excellent selection of quality items, we aim to provide a seamless shopping experience with exceptional customer service.
A portion of your purchases will go towards local charities to save a koala, plant a tree and buy a bale of hay for a farmer.
Secondhand is sustainable.
Extending the lifetime use of an item is far more sustainable than creating a new item. Reusing textiles consumes the least amount of energy and is the best thing for the environment. Here are some important facts to note:
- Australians acquire 27kgs of new clothing per person and sends 93% of that to landfill each year on average
- NSW alone sent 240,000 tonnes of textile waste to landfill in 2020
- It takes 2700 litres of water to make one cotton shirt (World Resources Institute)
- The fashion industry contributes at least 10% of global greenhouse gas emissions and is the planet’s third largest polluter after food and construction
- It can take at least 200 years for clothing to decompose, which generates greenhouse methane gases and toxic chemicals and dyes into groundwater and soil.
Op-shopping made easier.
We work with local charities and small businesses to resell their excess stock, making it available to browse through and purchase from anywhere in the world.
We carefully assess, clean and even repair items if needed. We’re proud to have a local network of seamstresses to make every item something you’d be proud to wear.
Have a question? Contact us through our online form.